Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Shitty First Draft Writing

I thought it was very interesting how hard it was for authors to write when they first sit down, and how difficult it can be for them to get started writing. I honestly believed that people that were trained or skilled at writing didn’t have to bother with drafting as much as they do. The fact that the key to good writing is to first have an awful first draft is quite ironic. Even though it is ironic, it does make a lot of sense. If you just write down all your thoughts, then you get a chance to sift through all of that and make a good writing out of all the words.


I begin my writing process by first writing down any key points that I want to address during the paper. After I write down anything that comes to mind, I sort through all of the ideas to pick the perfect ones for my paper, or the one’s that make the writing be more fluid. Once I have all my ideas picked out, I begin writing and explain each point. I am sure to touch on all of the points make sure they are clear and well written. After that I read through and edit to make sure it all makes sense. I’m more of a straight forward writer, and I normally don’t try to too creative, I just like for my paper to make sense and be well written.



My writing is a dream catcher because it collects all the thoughts I have throughout the day. I constantly think about random things and they end up in my writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment